If you lose the password of your Windows account, you will be blocked from accessing the Windows Live Messenger application and the Windows Email client. You can reset your password easily if you have a secondary email address. We provide the simple instructions from Windows Live help for resetting the password of your Windows Live account.
- Open your web browser and then go to the Windows Live sign in page. You can see an option named Forgot your password below the textbox to enter the password, click on it.
- Now you will be asked to enter your Windows Live ID and the letters shown in the Captcha box. The Captcha is nothing but a visual recognition test done to confirm that you are a human being and not a program coded to hack an email account.
- After filling in the Captcha code, click on the Continue button. The system will now show you two options for resetting your password- getting password by providing the location information and the answer to your security question or by asking the system to send you a password to the secondary email that you have enlisted while creating the account.
- Here we consider the second option, which is, sending the password via email to your secondary email address. For choosing this option, click on the button labeled Send password reset instructions to me in e-mail.
- If you have not provided a secondary email address, the system will ask you to enter one now. After providing the email address, click on the Continue button.
- Now login to your secondary email and then check your inbox for a message from Windows Live. You can see a message in the inbox with a URL and some simple instructions from Windows Live help center for resetting the password.
- Click on the URL, and do as told in the page. Now the system will ask you to enter a new password for the account, enter the new password.
- Re-enter the password for confirming the choice and then click on the Continue button.