The Microsoft Outlook is a gem of an email application and it serves the primary purpose of sending and receiving mails very efficiently. Features such as calendars, journals, address book and so on make Outlook an even more useful email application to work. Setting up email accounts in the Outlook client is a very simple task. By following the below provided Outlook email setup guidelines, the email setup in Outlook 2010 can be done very easily.
- Launch Outlook 2010 and on the screen, the Microsoft Outlook 2010 setup wizard will appear. Now choose the Next button.
- The email accounts will be displayed in the Account Configuration window and you will be asked if you want to configure an email account. Click Yes and choose the Next button. Choose Manually Configure Server Settings or Additional Server Types in the Auto Account Setup window and then choose Next. In the window labeled Choose Service, make sure that Internet email is chosen and select Next.
- The below provided details have to be entered in the Internet Email Settings window.
Type in your name in the Name field.
Type in your email address in the Email address field.
In the Account type section, choose POP3. IMAP can be selected by advanced users.
- The incoming mail server
In the incoming server field, if you have incoming mail server name, provide the same. For ex. mail.domain.com
If you have no idea of the server name, contact your ISP.
- The outgoing server
In the outgoing server field, if you have outgoing mail server name, provide the same. For ex. mail.domain.com
- If you have no idea of the server name, contact your ISP.
- Type in your email address for Username.
- Enter your email address password for Password.
- Select the More Settings button.
- The tab titled Advanced will be present, select it.
- The check box corresponding to This Server Requires An Encrypted Connection that is below Incoming server field has to be check marked.
- The number inside the box corresponding to Outgoing server SMTP should be 587. For the Use the following type of encrypted connection option, use TLS from the drop down list.
- The server timeout should be kept at 5 minutes.
- Now select the OK button.
- In the Internet email settings window, choose the Next option and self-testing of the account will occur. On the Test Account Settings window, the Close button will be present. Select it and then choose Finish.
By following these Outlook email setup guidelines, the email setup on Outlook 2010 can be done easily.