The advent of touch screen technology has led to the widespread usage of touch screen based computer monitors. No matter how much knowledge you acquire about computers or about Windows, the procedure to turn on a touch screen based computer might not be apparent at first sight. The following Windows support guidelines will help you in turning on a touch-screen PC running on Windows 7 or Windows Vista.
- Connect your monitor to a power source, for example, a wall source or battery.
- Press the power button to switch on the computer. If you see the boot screen and the desktop, your computer has been switched ON successfully. Otherwise, proceed to the next step.
- Press the power button on your CPU; this will boot the system into the Windows 7 operating system.
- Go to the Start menu by clicking on the Start button in the taskbar. Enter the term Touch in the Search bar. A list of programs having the term ‘touch’ in their name comes up. Among these, find and double click on the program labeled Pen and Touch.
- Check the box labeled Use your finger as an input device. This will enable the touch screen.
- You may also check the box labeled Enable multi-touch gestures and inking. This enables you to use multi touch gestures.
- Click Apply. Click OK in the remaining windows.
- Press the power button on your CPU; this will boot the Windows Vista operating system.
- Go to the Start menu by clicking on the Start button in the taskbar. Click on the icon labeled Control Panel.
- Set the view of your control panel window to classic by selecting the Classic View option on the sidebar.
- Select the Programs and Features icon from the list. The window that opens contains a list of the programs and features installed on your computer.
- Click the Turn Windows Features On or Off button on the left hand side of this window. This opens the Windows features window. It contains a multi colored shield next to it.
- Check the box next to the option labeled Tablet PC Optional Components. Click OK.
- This activates the touch screen feature in Windows Vista. Restart your computer when prompted to finish the setup.