Each account on your computer has a unique Firefox profile directory with its own Firefox settings. Firefox allows its users to transfer their Firefox data including the directories and the custom Firefox settings when the users are switching to a new computer or when they want to transfer the file details to a new system. Follow the simple guidelines briefed below to transfer Mozilla Firefox settings to a new account.
Instructions to transfer Mozilla Firefox settings to a new account
· Switch on your device and log on to the account with administrative rights.
· Launch Mozilla Firefox browser on your device. You may either double click the Mozilla Firefox label on the desktop screen or the Mozilla Firefox plug in, plugged on to the taskbar. Alternatively, you can launch the Mozilla Firefox browser from the Start menu. For this, launch the Start menu. Click on the Windows orb placed on the bottom left corner of the start screen. From the Start pop up, select the label that reads All Programs. From the All Programs submenu, select the label that reads Mozilla Firefox.
· Wait for the application to load. From the home page of the application select the label Help from the menu-bar placed on the top right corner of the home page. If you do not find the menu-bar, press the Alt key. The Alt key will make the hidden menu bar appear on your screen. From the menu, select the label that reads Troubleshooting Information.
· Click the button labeled Open Containing Folder placed next to the Profile Directory on the Troubleshooting Information page.
· Close all the open Firefox windows.
· Navigate into the Roaming directory. To log into the navigate directory, click the up arrow button on the toolbar three times.
· Right-click the folder labeled Mozilla in the Roaming directory page.
· From the dropdown, select the label that reads Copy.
· Navigate into new user account's Roaming directory or Application Data directory. Right lick the Windows Explorer search space and type “C:\Users\Example\AppData\Roaming”. Press Enter to search. Double click the account's Roaming directory or Application Data directory folder to open it.
· Right click on the directory page. From the menu, select the paste option to transfer your Firefox profile. Alternatively, you may use the keyboard shortcut Ctrl +V to paste the folder.
Keep up with the above instructions to transfer Mozilla Firefox settings files into a new account. For more assistance and support on the same, feel free to buzz us online or on our tech support number. Drop into our Mozilla Firefox troubleshoot blogs and forums for updates and support.