Microsoft Outlook allows users to set up email accounts from third party email providers with ease. You can use this Outlook application to setup email in Outlook, which a user finds quite useful and interesting. Like this, you can set up Charter email in Outlook, which allows a user to access Charter email from the Outlook email client itself. Well, given below are some easy instructions that will help you to set your Charter email account in Outlook.
- Start the process of setting up Charter email in Outlook by opening the Microsoft Outlook application in your computer.
- When the Outlook window opens, from the main menu bar, you need to click the option labeled Tools. From the list of options available, you need to click the option named Account Settings.
- Next, you need to click the tab called Email followed by clicking the button called New.
- Now, you need to select POP3 from the options and click the button called Next. After that, it is necessary to place a check mark to the box that is seen adjacent to the option labeled Manually configure server settings or additional server types. Click the button called Next.
- From there, you need to select Internet Email followed by clicking the button called Next.
- In the appropriate fields, you need to enter your name and complete email address.
- Next, in to the Incoming mail server (POP3) field, you need to enter pop.Charter.net and in the field for Outgoing mail server (SMTP), you need to type smtp.Charter.net.
- Now, you need to click the button called More Settings. After that, choose the tab labeled Outgoing server. Place a check mark in the box labeled My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication followed by using radio button adjacent to Use same settings as my incoming mail server.
- Again, you need to click the tab called Advanced. Now under the option called Incoming Server (POP3), you will find a box next to the option called This server requires an encrypted connection (SSL.) Click it to check mark it. In the field for entering the port number for Incoming Server, you need to enter 110 and 25 should be the port number for the Outgoing Server (SMTP.) Once completed, you need to click the OK button.
- Finally, click the button called Test Account Settings followed by clicking the button called Close. Click the button called Next and conclude the process by clicking the button called Finish.