You can use your AT&T email account to access your emails through a web browser on any computer, no matter where you are. However, you may wish to save your email messages on your computer instead of a server. Well, you can do this with the help of a built-in application called Windows Mail. Given below are some simple instructions from our Windows Live help team that will help you get this done in a matter of few clicks.
- You can start out the process by launching the Windows Mail program, and then go to the menu labeled as Tools located in the top menu bar of the window.
- Now, you need to click on the Accounts option and hit the Add button. After that, you need to click on the E-mail Account option and proceed to the next step by hitting the Next button.
- Next up, you need to type in the name that you would like to be displayed in the From field on the messages that you send out.
- Enter the complete AT&T email address that you are adding to Windows Mail and then press the Next button.
- Once you do that, you need to go to the drop down menu that is located on the top of the window and click on the option that reads POP3. Enter the text pop.att.yahoo.com as the incoming server address and smtp.att.yahoo.com as the outgoing server address.
- Following which you need to enter the full email address into the text field that is named as E-mail username and then enter your password.
- Select to put a check sign in the option that reads Do not download my e-mail at this time and then hit the Finish button.
- Go to your AT&T email account and click on the option named Properties. Select the tab that is named as Advanced. Type in ‘465’ in the text field named as Outgoing mail and ‘995’ into the Incoming mail.
- Put a check sign in the box next to the option that reads This server requires a secure connection.
- Finally, when you are done with the changes, click on the OK button to confirm your choice.